2024 Diamond Valley Scholarship
We are now accepting applications for the 2024 Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union!
Type of Scholarship
Seven nonrenewable $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded annually with $500.00 for each semester beginning with the fall term. All scholarship money will be distributed directly to the school and applied towards tuition, books, and fees only. If the student discontinues full-time enrollment after the fall term, the remaining $500.00 will not be awarded.
The following materials are required:
- The application - to be completed by the student, parents, and counselor.
- A typed essay no longer than two doubled-spaced pages must be submitted. The essay must be written on either of the following topics:
- Describe the kind of person you would like to be in 10 years.
- What high school course has been most significant to you as you prepare for college and your future.
- Two letters of reference. Only one letter may be from a teacher or counselor.
- A copy of your 2024-2025 Student Aid Report.
Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited institution of higher learning for at least the coming year in a full-time undergraduate capacity. Applicant must also meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- A graduating senior that is currently enrolled in a Vanderburgh or Warrick County High School;
- And/or a graduating senior that is a current member and has been a member in good standing at Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union for at least one year by the scholarship application deadline;
- And/or a graduating senior whose parent/guardian or grandparent is a current member and has been a member in good standing at Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union for at least one year by the scholarship application deadline.
Immediate relatives (including children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, parents) of Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union officials and employees are not eligible.
How Recipients Are Selected
Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union’s Scholarship Committee will be responsible for choosing the most qualified recipients, based on scholastic merit and financial need. Upon selection, representatives of Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union’s Scholarship Committee will contact scholarship recipients. All scholarship recipients will be published on the Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union website and social media platforms. Recipients will also be announced in our digital member newsletter.
Applications can be picked up at any of our 5 branches:
- Diamond – 691 E. Diamond Ave. Evansville
- Eastfield – 5300 Vogel Rd. Evansville
- Ross Center – 2521 Washington Ave. Evansville
- Red Bank – 5020 University Dr. Evansville
- Newburgh – 7833 State Road 66 Newburgh
Applications can also be picked up in the Guidance Counselor’s office at these area high schools:
- Mater Dei
- Signature School
- New Tech Institute
You may also download an application from our website.
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be received by March 1st, 2024.