8 Ways To Save On Valentine’s Day
Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas for a thrifty Valentine’s Day date:
- Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the ambiance with some scented candles and soft music, and save a bundle!
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
- If you are going out to eat, make sure to check Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
- Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and pop the cork at home instead.
- Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a refreshing walk under the stars. Or, if it’s snowy out, build a snowman! Then, go home and warm up in front of the fireplace with steaming mugs of hot chocolate.
- Get yourself a great workout and have a fantastically fun date by going ice or roller-skating!
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Have a rollicking good time at the neighborhood comedy club. Entrance tickets can be as cheap as $5 apiece!
Category: Credit Union News