2023 Scholarship: We are now accepting applications!
We are now accepting applications for the 2023 Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union!
Type of Scholarship
Seven nonrenewable $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded annually with $500.00 for each semester beginning with the fall term. All scholarship money will be distributed directly to the school and applied towards tuition, books, and fees only. If the student discontinues full-time enrollment after the fall term, the remaining $500.00 will not be awarded.
The following materials are required:
- The application - to be completed by the student, parents, and counselor.
- A typed essay no longer than two doubled-spaced pages must be submitted. The essay must be written on either of the following topics:
- Describe the kind of person you would like to be in 10 years.
- What high school course has been most significant to you as you prepare for college and your future.
- Two letters of reference. Only one letter may be from a teacher or counselor.
- A copy of your 2023-2024 Student Aid Report.
Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited institution of higher learning for at least the coming year in a full-time undergraduate capacity.
Applicant must meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- A graduating senior that is currently enrolled in a Vanderburgh or Warrick County High School;
- And/or a graduating senior that is a current member and has been a member in good standing at Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union for at least one year by the scholarship application deadline;
- And/or a graduating senior whose parent/guardian or grandparent is a current member and has been a member in good standing at Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union for at least one year by the scholarship application deadline.
Immediate relatives (including children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, parents) of Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union officials and employees are not eligible.
Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union’s Scholarship Committee will be responsible for choosing the most qualified recipients, based on scholastic merit and financial need. Upon selection, winners will be contacted by a representative of Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union’s Scholarship Committee. All scholarship winners will be published on the Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union website and social media platforms. Winners will also be announced in our digital member newsletter.
Applications can be picked up at any of our 6 branches:
- Diamond – 691 E. Diamond Ave. Evansville(link is external)
- Eastfield – 5300 Vogel Rd. Evansville(link is external)
- Ross Center – 2521 Washington Ave. Evansville(link is external)
- Red Bank – 5020 University Dr. Evansville(link is external)
- Lynch – 3150 Lynch Rd. Evansville(link is external)
- Newburgh – 7833 State Road 66 Newburgh(link is external)
Applications can also be picked up in the Guidance Counselor’s office at these area high schools:
- Mater Dei
- Signature School
- New Tech Institute
You may also download an application here: 2023 Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union Scholarship Application
Completed applications can be dropped off at any Diamond Valley Branch or mailed to:Diamond Valley Federal Credit Union ATTN: 2023 Scholarship Program PO Box 4367 Evansville, IN 47724-0367
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be received by March 17, 2022.
Winners are expected to be announced in late-May/Early-June 2023.